Easy, yummy, nutritious, AND colorful? What more could you want in a meal?! Well, we got ya covered this week for Tasty Tuesday with Easy, Meal-Prep Shrimp Stir Fry!
March is Kidney cancer awareness (along with Colorectal and Multiple Myeloma), and one of the main risk factors for Kidney cancer is obesity. One way to reduce the rate of obesity is by having a healthy, well-balanced diet which typically does not include fast food. 😬
In order to avoid consuming too much fast food, it may help to meal prep! Having healthy, ready to go meals is not only very convenient, good for your health, but also good for your wallet (it’s like a triple win!).
Check out this week’s recipe, and let us know what you think.
– 1 lb. shrimp
– 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
– salt and pepper
– 2 med/large zucchini, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, sliced
– 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
Stir Fry Sauce:
– 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
– 1 tablespoon raw honey
– 2 cloves fresh garlic, grated
– 1 inch fresh nob ginger, peeled and grated
– 1 teaspoon chili flakes
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
– In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients
– Heat oil in skillet or wok over medium/high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through (should be about 3-4 minutes)
– Stir in prepped veggies and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
– Pour sauce over the top and coat the shrimp and veggies
– Keep refrigerated in airtight container for up to 4-5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months
Recipe from: Clean Food Crush.com