Struggling to find a healthy dinner that complies with your new year healthy eating goals? We got you covered !🙌
Today for Tasty Tuesday we have a dinner that is Whole-30 approved, but is also just plain old YUMMY! Whether you are doing the Whole-30 this month or not, Pesto Chicken Zucchini Noodles is an awesome dinner option for families.
Zucchini noodles are so good and so easy (did you know Noodles and Company now offers zucchini noodles at their restaurants?!).
Keep scrollin’ for the recipe, this one’s a keeper…
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs chicken
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 lb cherry tomatoes
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
2 tbsp parsley
1/2 cup pesto (per this recipe, Trader Joe’s has a whole-30 compliant one, or you can make homemade pesto)
2 large zucchini, spiraled with water squeezed out (you can spiral your own with a spiralizer, or most grocery stores now carry pre-spiraled veggies)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon OO in pan, and saute chicken until brown on all sides- about 20 minutes.
2. While chicken is cooking, halve tomatoes, spiral zucchini if necessary, and chop garlic/herbs.
3. Set chicken aside once done.
4. Add an additional tablespoon OO to pan. Heat and add 1 tablespoon garlic and saute until fragrant. About 1 min.
5. Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, herbs. Saute for another 5 minutes.
6. Once tomatoes are softened, stir in pesto and return chicken to the pan.
7. Gently toss in raw zucchini noodles, coating evenly in tomato/pesto mixture. Saute for another 1-2 minutes over medium heat until zucchini starts to soften.
**Recipe credit to: The Clean Eating Couple