It’s Tasty Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo today! Celebrate at home with this healthy twist on loaded nachos – piled with chicken and vegetables!
Chicken Taco Meat – keep things super simple using taco seasoning and a little bit of water.
Peppers – any and all bell peppers work for this recipe.
Onions: a little bit of onion goes a long way.
Beans – Black or pinto. Use your fav and don’t look back!
Corn – Grab a can or grab a bag of frozen corn. Corn will add just the right amount of sweetness to your nachos.
Other toppings – feel free to pile on any other toppings you may have at home (tomatoes, avocado, etc.)
BUILD YOUR NACHOS:
1. Spread a layer of chips on a baking sheet.
2. Add half the cooked chicken taco meat along with half the veggies, beans, and cheese.
3. Add another layer of chips on top of that.
4. Then another layer of meat, veggies, beans, and cheese.
5. Bake this chicken nachos recipe at 400ºF for around 10 minutes followed by a few minutes under the broiler.