Helllooooooo Tuesday! It’s been a while since we’ve done a sweet(er) Tasty Tuesday, so today’s recipe is just that- Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries 🤤
Maintaining a healthy diet definitely can include sweets and “desserts”; it’s all about moderation and balance! This recipe totally qualifies as a sweet dessert, all while being made with whole ingredients AND a lot of fruit!
This dessert (or snack, really) is also great because while this specific recipe listed below calls for berries and pecans, you can customize it however you want. We think bananas, or kiwi, or pineapple would be delicious, as well as sprinkling on some granola or chia seeds instead of nuts. Let us know if there is any specific food type you want to see next week!
2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey, or maple syrup, or agave
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch of salt
chopped pecans, for garnish
** can completely customize the fruits and garnishes to your liking. You can also use frozen fruit instead of fresh- whatever works best for you!**
– Line baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
– In a large bowl, combine yogurt, honey (or agave, or maple syrup), lemon juice, vanilla, salt. Mix until well combined.
– Transfer the yogurt mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread it around to an even thickness.
– Top with assorted berries and pecans.
– Freeze for 2-3 hours, or until firm.
– Cut into pieces and serve. Store in freezer.
Recipe adapted from Diet Hood.