In a weird and crazy time, we at BCFF wish to bring you normalcy and comfort, and what brings more comfort than food?
To proceed with normal programming, we have yet another Tasty Tuesday for everyone! This weeks recipe is quite simple and utilizes common, every day items as well is a recipe children can definitely assist with… Baked Chili Lime Tortilla Chips! Basically this recipe requires either corn or flour tortillas (whatever you have on hand is fine!), some chili powder, and lime juice. We recommend dipping these chips in home made guacamole or a mango salsa (peep our recipe from this summer for that!). Hang in there everyone and stay healthy!
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 10-15 tortillas (corn or flour, although we prefer corn!) – about 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Stir together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder in small bowl.
– With a brush or back of spoon, spread a thin layer of the mixture on each side of the tortillas.
– Cut the tortillas into sixths (can stack and cut multiple at once). You can either use a pizza cutter or kitchen sheers. *this can be fun for kids!*
– Arrange cut triangles into a single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or well oiled.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes. You know chips are done with the ends start to curl up. The last five minutes are important as they can quickly start to burn.
– Garnish with salt.
Recipe from: Weary Chef