Pink Pumpkin Walk/Run 2020
is now VIRTUAL!
Registration closes 9/20/2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Two walk/runs (communities) coming together
for one great cause.
Please join in the celebration of cancer survivors, warriors, supporters and friends this October in our Virtual Pink Pumpkin Walk/Run event! The world may look a little different right now, but one thing hasn’t changed: our commitment to preventing cancer! This year Pink Pumpkin Walk/Run is everywhere – in every community, every neighborhood and every treadmill.
The health and safety of our participants and volunteers are our top priorities. This year’s event won’t be a large in-person gathering – instead, we are inviting our participants to walk in small teams of friends and family while others in our communities are doing the same. Because we’re all walking and fundraising for the same thing: a world without cancer!
A virtual walk/run gives you the option to run or walk on your own time, with your friends and family members. You can form a team in honor of or in support of a cancer patient, survivor, or in memory of someone who passed away from cancer.
We walk together to stand with those going through a diagnosis or treatment of breast cancer, to honor those who have fought breast cancer and won and to remember those we lost too soon. One hundred percent of funds raised from Pink Pumpkin Walk/Run benefit Beat Cancer Family Foundation’s P.A.C.E. (Prevention and Cancer Education) programs in our local schools. The life-saving presentation educate students, women and men about cancer prevention, early detection, risk factors, myths and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Register as an individual or start a team;
- Virtual walkers can use our online tools and resources to recruit and fundraise online;
- Join us on walk day virtually by sharing your pictures, videos and posts from your neighborhood walk using our hashtags #PPW2020 #bcffmission #bcffinspire on Facebook and Instagram.
Remember, with a virtual event you can recruit walkers from anywhere, and, as always, 100 percent of the funds you raise stays local and goes directly to cancer prevention education. Beat Cancer Family Foundation is the only provider of school-based educational programs on cancer in Northeast and Central Wisconsin. Students learn healthy habits (nutrition, exercise, detection, etc.) they can adopt now to help reduce their risk of developing cancer later in life.
Help make a difference by joining or donating today!
Why does the Beat Cancer Family Foundation hold the Pink Pumpkin Walk/Run?
- Mission. Your participation supports our mission to “Inspire people in our community to lead cancer-free healthy lifestyles”…a nice run or walk on a Saturday morning gets the body moving!
- Education. Funds raised from entry fees, raffle tickets and our supportive business sponsors fund our cancer awareness and prevention community education programs for high school students and adults in the community…start early in life making good food and lifestyle choices and it’s never too late to do so!
- Honoring the Fight. All of us have been touched by cancer in some way…great place to get together with others in the community and recognize cancer survivors and those lost to cancer.
Good Things to Know
Refund Policy. Run/Walk registrations are non-refundable.