THANK YOU for joining us at the 2017 Pink Pumpkin 5K Run/Walk!
RESULTS are in! Chip Timed Results can be viewed HERE!
Saturday, October 7th
NWTC – 2740 W. Mason St. |Pre-event activities – starting at 8 a.m. | Official run/walk start – 10 a.m.
- Early Bird– until 7/31: $25/ages 18 & up; $15/ages 6-17; 5 and under free (no shirt)
- Regular -8/1 -9/17: $30/ages 18 & up; $15/ages 6-17; 5 and under free (no shirt)
- After 9/17 – $35/ages 18 & up; $20/ages 6-17; 5 and under free (no shirt)
All paid registration received prior to 9/17 guaranteed a limited edition PPW T-shirt the day of the event.
Register HERE for this fun event!
Pre-event check-in – Friday, October 6th, 4-7 p.m. at NWTC Student Center (Room SC128) or day of event – Saturday, October 7th, 8-9:45 a.m.
- Runners: Chip timed event of individual start and end times. Awards for top 5 male and top 5 female runners. Age groups: 9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+, Overall
- Walkers: Non-competitive event with no official times recorded
Race results and photos will be posted at PinkPumpkinWalk.com
Why does the Breast Cancer Family Foundation hold the Pink Pumpkin 5K Run/Walk?
- Mission. Your participation supports our mission to “Inspire people in our community to lead cancer-free healthy lifestyles”…a nice 5K run or walk on a Saturday morning gets the body moving!
- Education. Funds raised from entry fees, raffle tickets and our supportive business sponsors fund our cancer awareness and prevention community education programs for high school students and adults in the community…start early in life making good food and lifestyle choices and it’s never too late to do so!
- Honoring the Fight. All of us have been touched by cancer in some way…great place to get together with others in the community and recognize cancer survivors and those lost to cancer.
What is there to do before the Pink Pumpkin 5K Run/Walk begins? From 8-9:45 a.m. enjoy…
- Have Fun! Music, refreshments, face painting, pink hair extensions, and group photos in the photo booth.
- Pile on the Pink! Be recognized as the “Best Dressed,” and be featured on our website. Wear your pink hats, sequins, feather boas, ruffle skirts…you know what to do!
- Special survivor group photo. Survivors of any type of cancer receive a small gift from us and are asked to gather at the Pumpkin Patch at 9:15 a.m. for a 9:30 a.m. photo session.
- Raffle tickets! Purchase drop raffle tickets and win awesome prizes…really, they are awesome!
- Pumpkin Patch. Honor those touched by cancer. Wear pink and purchase a real, painted “Pink Pumpkin” for $15 in honor of memory of someone you care about. Names will be written on pumpkins and placed along the route or in our Pink Pumpkin Patch. Pumpkins will be collected and available for you to take home at the end of the event. Pre-order your pink painted pumpkin on the registration form.
Get Rewards and Help Others!
Support our cancer awareness and prevention education by raising pledges. Earn great rewards starting at $75. Raise $450 or more and receive a Ty Montgomery autographed item. Pledge form and fundraising ideas available at PinkPumpkinWalk.com.
Good Things to Know
Weather. We’re hoping for a great weather on October 7th but in case it’s not…we will not cancel the event for any reason other than severe weather conditions that would pose a danger to athletes, volunteers and spectators.
BCFF reserves the right to alter the course in any way deemed in the best interest of athletes and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to, distance or shape of course, postponing start, cancellation, etc. Sorry but NO REFUNDS in the case of changes or cancellation due to weather. If cancelled, the Pink Pumpkin 5K Run/Walk will not be rescheduled.
Refund Policy. Run/Walk registrations are non-refundable.
Pet Policy. While we love animals, please leave your pets at home. Due to insurance and liability reasons, no dogs (or other pets) are allowed at our events including with runners or walkers on the course or as spectators. Thank you for understanding!